Ophelia's Place Education and Empowerment Certificate Program
A 4 month course designed to help you gain a deeper understanding around eating disorder prevention and intervention, and strengthen your sense of body respectAlready inquired with us and ready to enroll? Let's do it!
Our signature Certificate Program is a 4 month online course, designed to help you gain a deeper understanding around eating disorder prevention and intervention, and strengthen your sense of body respect on both a personal and collective level.
Participants will complete The Body Project training, along with other continuing education in the areas of prevention and early intervention, Health at Every Size, body acceptance, body composition, Intuitive Eating and more.
The program is for you if...
- You'd like to increase your own body acceptance and self-esteem, or help others in your community to do the same
- You're ready to disrupt and reshape cultural norms around food, weight, exercise, health, and beauty ideals
- You're passionate about spreading awareness around eating disorder and disordered eating signs, symptoms, prevention and early intervention
- You want to do your part to promote access to treatment
Here's what you get:
- completion of the body project training
- monthly study + discussions of critical books that disrupt and reshape cultural norms around food, weight, exercise, health, and beauty ideals
- 8 audio and video expert interviews addressing these issues along with space for critical thinking + reflection
- connection to a community of like-minded individuals from around the globe who share a passion for this work
- a wrap-up coaching call with one of our OP educators for mentorship around using this education beyond the course
- a certificate of completion and the possibility of joining Ophelia's Place team of educators
What others have said...
We're elated to share that 85% of folks who've completed the program reported that they now feel very or extremely comfortable spreading awareness around these issues!
"This program has given me the tools and, more importantly, the language to speak about these topics in a helpful, safe, and educational manner with my community and those I meet. I am more sensitive to the unique spectrum of body dissatisfaction and eating disordered experiences, rather than looking through the lens of my own. I feel more compassionate, educated, and competent in being a leader in this field. Beyond grateful. I feel that this program has given me the credentials to back up something I have always felt passionate about."
"I feel stronger and more supported to do the work I was always meant to do around self-love, food and body image. It has allowed me to speak up in a group when normally I would feel so uncomfortable doing this. Really listening to multiple people’s stories and expressing my truth has been powerful."
"This program has helped me learn and grow from my own experiences that I have tried to sweep under the rug. I am now learning how to take up space, accept my own body just the way it is, and to speak up when the conversation gets uncomfortable. I can't thank you enough for the space you have given me to grow into my beautiful self."
The course is paced to be completed within four months from the start date and we on-board new students at the beginning of each month.
Cost: $150 one time payment OR we offer a payment plan of 4 monthly payments of $45 in order to make the program as accessible as possible
*The cost of the program covers all course materials with the exception of the required books
Ready To Enroll?
In addition to her role as Lead Educator for Ophelia's Place, Dena Larsen Gazeley is the owner/operator of All Bodies Consulting, located in the East Valley, Arizona. Focusing on eating disorder education, body image awareness, and self care, Dena has traveled nationwide, presenting to students and adults, both in schools and in private workshop settings. Combining her personal experience, recovery from eating disorders, her professional role as an Arizona Certified Teacher, and her passion for Recovered Fitness, Dena's number one passion is providing connection and hope through relationship with others.